Running Information Forums
5k in Sub 25 minutes - Printable Version

+- Running Information Forums (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Training Zone (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-The-Training-Zone)
+--- Forum: 10K Training Feedback (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-10K-Training-Feedback)
+--- Thread: 5k in Sub 25 minutes (/Thread-5k-in-Sub-25-minutes)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

5k in Sub 25 minutes - TheEd - 26-09-2012

no need for a paced run at the moment

an easy 20 to 30 minutes is fine

then the longer run over the weekend

hope you enjoying the running

TheEd

5k in Sub 25 minutes - Sal - 30-09-2012

Hi TheEd

Easy run on Friday - 26:06 minutes at a pace of 6:10, totalling 4.23k

Long run on Sunday 1hour 33 minutes at a pace of 6:26, totalling 14.5k

Both runs felt fine.

Kind regards

Sal

5k in Sub 25 minutes - TheEd - 01-10-2012

OK .. so now we back to doing the 2k session this week .. plan for doing the same paces as previously

same format as the last 2 weeks

everything understandable?

TheEd

5k in Sub 25 minutes - Sal - 01-10-2012

Yep, that makes perfect sense.

Thanks

Sal

5k in Sub 25 minutes - Sal - 08-10-2012

Completed my 10 mile race yesterday.

This is the furthest I have ever run and completed the race in 1:36:25. Was really pleased with the whole race. As I was actually treating this race as long sunday run, I didn't spend much time checking my watch. I just ran at a comfortable pace the whole way around, which meant I could really enjoy it.

When I got to the end I felt really good. I think my average pace was 5:59, which really surprised me as I though I was jogging around much slower than that.

I've never had any intention of ever running a half marathon, but maybe in 2013 I might give one ago. Only 3 more miles and I know I had quite a bit left in me yesterday, even though I'd never actually run as far as that before.

Certainly a big confidence booster.

Kind regards

Sal

5k in Sub 25 minutes - TheEd - 08-10-2012

magic Sal, give yourself some decent recovery before considering the faster running this week

a half in 2013 sounds good Wink

what have u planned for this week

TheEd

5k in Sub 25 minutes - Sal - 09-10-2012

Haven't quite decided how to plan this week yet.

I have a free afternoon today, which would be a good opportunity to do something, but seems too soon after Sundays run.

I'm wondering about either a 20 minute easy run today or maybe just some light cycling instead.

I have the 6 x 1k to do, which I will probably try on Wednesday and then a 20-30 easy run on Friday.

Saturday 5k pace and 10k easy on Sunday.

Sal

5k in Sub 25 minutes - Sal - 09-10-2012

Decided to go for a short easy run, was originally planning just 10 mins, but ended up at 20 mins - found it surprisingly easy....which I wasn't expecting Smile

Also did 20 minutes on the bike at the gym, in the past never really liked the bike, always found it too hard. I read in your previous threads to do high RPM's in low gears to work the heart rather than the legs. I kept the Reps at 90, but even after the 20 minutes couldn't get my heart rate above 128....which has never happened before....don't know where that has come from...felt great.

Finished off with some weights....arms only, no legs Smile

Kind regards

Sal

5k in Sub 25 minutes - TheEd - 10-10-2012

Hi Sal ... we have been travelling so can get back into the meat of your running

don't forget to add the 3 x 2k session

and to try formulate your training around the 10k program

yes yes

TheEd

5k in Sub 25 minutes - Sal - 24-06-2013

Hi The Ed

Its been a long time since I posted on here.

Quick update - I did take the plunge and entered my first half marathon this year and recorded a time of 2:02, which for a hilly course I was really pleased with.

I have also taken part in my first Triathlon....! This was in May 2013 and I was delighted to have finished the final run leg (5k) in a time of 25:15, which with tired legs from the cycle was so pleased with.

I was just wondering how you would adapt the 10k plan to fit in swim and cycle sessions.

Kind regards

Sal