Running Information Forums
endeavoring 10km program - Printable Version

+- Running Information Forums (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Training Zone (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-The-Training-Zone)
+--- Forum: 10K Training Feedback (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-10K-Training-Feedback)
+--- Thread: endeavoring 10km program (/Thread-endeavoring-10km-program)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

RE: endeavoring 10km program - Stacy - 11-03-2021

Hi TheEd,

thanks, I'll keep it in mind. Will try to stay on program for one-two cycles followed by build up. Does that sound decent?

Am pulse was good this week, but the body has been responding differently. Muscles are more sore than usual after yoga and tennis, not sure if it's actually the case though or if I'm being extra sensitive and mentally weak.
Anyhow, got out on the track today, felt better than expected first 400m,  then got destructed, went too fast, which became evident and there went my mental game... Oh well, you live - you learn. As you said, I'll know better next time. It's all about self awareness, learning from shortcomings and having fun.

Tue 9
Easy 5k felt very nice..@5.34 hr131

Thursday 11
track session 2k×3 @4.30
wet track, fat head wind @36km/h
 1 8m47s pace 4.24 avg hr 166 max184
 2 9m07s pace 4.32 avg hr 166 max177
 3 9m10s pace 4.35 avg hr 166 max187

Will take it easy these days,
see how it goes.

Hope all is well with you,
Onwards,
Stacy.

RE: endeavoring 10km program - TheEd - 12-03-2021

Hi Stacy .. don't be hard on yourself .. with the program we hope to help the athlete become more aware of their body rhythms

there are ups and downs to these and we try to train the body accordingly

the program from day 3 to day 8 is the hard period .. the body learns to recover

with the program we have the easy period in week 2 and then test the body in week 3

many runners before you have 'mistakenly' tested the body around week 2 and then had a drop down

it happens .. now we must allow the body to recover without looking to test it and allow the mind to realign accordingly

it's a balance .. physical .. mental .. emotional

so with that said, accept how you feel without punishing yourself for supposed 'frailty' and focus forward

enjoy the exercise .. work on the recovery and smile at yourself

you doing well and it will bounce back

onwards TheEd

RE: endeavoring 10km program - Stacy - 14-03-2021

Hi TheEd,
hope you're well!

Thank you for your words of wisdom and encouragement, you see things right through them! I will indeed try to focus more taking one step at a time, accepting all the "mistakes" and seeing them rather as learning and a vital part of archiving the balance and feel good state. Smile and celebrate the progress.

Understanding the ideal relative effort behind all three weeks is very helpful as well, it seems that I have missed this point, thank you for the clarification. Will keep it in mind and relax after 1k track session.

I couldn't go out for a long run yesterday,  the weather outside was vicious. Moved it by one day to Sunday morning instead. The hr monitor refused to cooperate,  so I switched it off and run by easy feeling,  I would be surprised if hr was higher than 135-140pmb.
2h 22km avg pace 5:28
ran too far away from home, thus a slightly longer run.

Thank you again,
Kindly,
Stacy.

RE: endeavoring 10km program - TheEd - 15-03-2021

Hi Stacy .. the important thing now is that you feel relaxed about things and can look forward

on we go

TheEd
ps.. and a pleasure to assist

RE: endeavoring 10km program - Stacy - 17-03-2021

Hej TheEd,

True that, thank you for the reminder! It was nice to take a step back and look at a bigger picture. I think at some point I just got stuck in my head, which stopped me from looking at things with ease.

Had a 1k session yesterday, was hard mentally and physically due to workload and being day 8 of the program.  But that's where discipline is helpful, felt MUCH better after 3rd rep! Glad I did it, now it's time to relax and enjoy the following week of training.

1k×5
 1 pace 4.31 avg hr 157 max 164
 2 pace 4.35 avg hr 154 max 165
 3 pace 4.32 avg hr 155 max 168
 4 pace 4.27 avg hr 160 max 170
 5 pace 4.22 avg hr 160 max 173

Wishing you a great week,
Kindly
Stacy.

RE: endeavoring 10km program - TheEd - 17-03-2021

nice going Stacy .. let the flow of the program happen naturally Smile

enjoy TheEd

RE: endeavoring 10km program - Stacy - 22-03-2021

Hi TheEd!

True, the flow can only be archived when relaxed, but letting go of the control can be a challenge haha.

Thursday
recovery run

Saturday
5k tempo 22.47
1 4.30 avg hr158 max 165
2 4.36 avg hr155 max 160
3 4.36 avg hr159 max 164
4 4.36 avg hr162 max 166
5 4.28 avg hr166 max 174

Sunday
easy 10km 51:29
avg.pace 5.09 avg hr147

Was a good week running wise, approaching 5k with an ease and no challenge in the mind was indeed very helpful and yeah, it's one minute more than pb, but also it was 10points more relaxing, with a feeling  and understanding that it's a training run,  not race one.

Developed a niggle, where the right leg just suddenly feels numb and weak for a moment while running, then it passes, but the feeling of fatigue in the leg remains. Also dorsflexion feels off.
I've been doing more strength work on the legs, so my first thought was tight gluteal muscles, stretched properly after run and it felt instantly better. Now calv is tight, continue stretching and maybe yoga will help.

Wishing you an amazing Monday,
Cheers,
Stacy.

RE: endeavoring 10km program - TheEd - 22-03-2021

Hi Stacy .. nice to hear you running relaxed

be aware of those niggles that it doesn't lead to problems

onwards TheEd

RE: endeavoring 10km program - Stacy - 27-03-2021

Hi TheEd,

hope you're well!

This week has been a struggle mentally to be honest. I've been feeling my right leg, mostly calf here and there. Did yoga on Mon, took rest on Tue, on Wed got shocked by the discomfort borderline pain when playing tennis. Having hard time pinpointing the location, but it's either in the lower leg around shins/calf and/or in the hamstrings. I feel that I must have injured something in the hip while pistol squatting, that pulls on the hamstrings and calf, maybe pinched sciatic nerv?..The sensation radiates through the whole leg, making me feel the bone structure almost.

Went for an easy 30min run yesterday, was ok, however it's definitely still there.

Feel like going out for a run now, but don't want to trigger any more pain making things worse.

Otherwise seeing it as an invitation to rest, recover and move into build up. I have tennis next week both Tue and Wed, what would be optimal to approach the new part of the program? I also have a physio appointment on Mon.

Bummed though that I've managed to have only one 'race' throughout these months...but I guess it's also part of the learning,  getting to know oneself when things don't go the way you've imagined Smile

Wishing you a great weekend,

Stacy.

RE: endeavoring 10km program - TheEd - 27-03-2021

Hi Stacy .. that new 21k time was your race Wink

go through the process of recovering .. simply let it go without expectations

when you come back refreshed you should progress OK as you will be more experienced

enjoy the coming of spring

TheEd