Running Information Forums
How to lose three minutes and three kilos... - Printable Version

+- Running Information Forums (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Training Zone (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-The-Training-Zone)
+--- Forum: 10K Training Feedback (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-10K-Training-Feedback)
+--- Thread: How to lose three minutes and three kilos... (/Thread-How-to-lose-three-minutes-and-three-kilos)

Pages: 1 2 3

How to lose three minutes and three kilos... - TheEd - 01-08-2018

so how are things going now?

TheEd

How to lose three minutes and three kilos... - Elethiomel - 04-08-2018

TheEd Wrote:so how are things going now?

TheEd

Hi Ed

Getting back in business slowly. Have run the last three days but kept it short. Back on the yoga too as think my core could use some work.

Can feel it's still a bit unstable at speed but getting there. Not helped by the fact I've been camping with a toddler for the last week so am very tired. I think with a few nights sleep it should be far more solid.

Today would have been a race day so planning to run as if it was my first rest day tomorrow.

How to lose three minutes and three kilos... - Elethiomel - 04-08-2018

TheEd Wrote:so how are things going now?

TheEd

Hi Ed

Getting back in business slowly. Have run the last three days but kept it short. Back on the yoga too as think my core could use some work.

Can feel it's still a bit unstable at speed but getting there. Not helped by the fact I've been camping with a toddler for the last week so am very tired. I think with a few nights sleep it should be far more solid.

Today would have been a race day so planning to run as if it was my first rest day tomorrow.

How to lose three minutes and three kilos... - Elethiomel - 08-08-2018

Have run the last three days including the easy distance run yesterday with no reaction so going to press on. Thursday's intervals will be the test.

How to lose three minutes and three kilos... - TheEd - 10-08-2018

How did the session go?

TheEd

How to lose three minutes and three kilos... - Elethiomel - 10-08-2018

Well, particularly given the injury layoff, damn these aren't easy though.

It was also the first time I had tried to run these intervals outside rather than on a treadmill which made for quite a different dynamic. I was also knackered after my hols but don't think it got to me too much.

Times:

3:53
3:50

4:01
3:52

4:00
4:01

3:58
4:07

4:05
4:06

How to lose three minutes and three kilos... - Elethiomel - 14-08-2018

6x1 today. Wasn't feeling great after a few days of finding running really easy but still went pretty well. Perhaps out of the gate a little quick.

Decided to try and take all of these on outside now to replicate race conditions as much as possible. Warm today as well which definitely took the edge off the later times.

3:41
3:43
3:48
3:55
3:59
4:00

How to lose three minutes and three kilos... - TheEd - 16-08-2018

and how has your progression been now, have you got beyond pain etc

TheEd

How to lose three minutes and three kilos... - Elethiomel - 19-08-2018

TheEd Wrote:and how has your progression been now, have you got beyond pain etc

TheEd

Good thanks, went 20:27 over 5k yesterday but on a hilly course and with a new GPS that thinks I'm slower than the last one. Convinced it would have been 20 mins using my phone but I suppose it's pushing me to get faster Smile. Only very occasional pain at the start of a slope and even that is easing.

Tough to gauge where I am in terms of a 10k time but looking forward to my next race day.

How to lose three minutes and three kilos... - TheEd - 21-08-2018

Try get some consistent weeks together, so you can benefit from the training sessions

TheEd